Opinions on Musical Paradise MP-501?

I'm curious about a Canadian brand that was recommended to me, this time, Musical Paradise!
I've been starting to research a tube integrated amp...currently choice #1 is a PrimaLuna EVO 100.
How would the MP-501 compare against that? The only (small) concerns I have are that it doesn't have the relay input switching or bad tube indicators like the PL does. What happens if a tube does go bad, what sort of damage can this cause to the amp, since it doesn't shut off power like the PL?
It will be driving Focal Aria 936s.
branden_8091
All I can say is that I have an MP-501 V5 (the latest version) and it is a very fine, and very affordable piece of kit. I bought it having had a very good experience over a year or so with the smaller MP-301. There is a dramatic improvement and, assuming the 501 lasts, I expect to keep it for many years. As it is so inexpensive it would not be a tragedy if it did't last, but it seems well-built and in the course of 5 versions, the designers have clearly improved it.

Like the PrimaLuna the 501 is also auto-biasing. 

I am not sure that you need be concerned about the points your raise at the end of your post. For decades valve/tube amplifiers have not had these features and, when the tubes fail, all is well after replacement. I'd suggest that of all the things you need to consider when making a purchase, your concerns need not be amongst them.

The 501 uses KT120 power tubes which are current production and should last a long time. It uses readily available and very cheap driver tubes. I have bought lots of various types for very little on eBay and have enough to last me out now!

I listening to the 501 now and am enjoying a fabulously detailed, rich, three-dimensional impression of the Vienna Philharmonic playing Brahms. It may not matter to you but the 501 looks beautiful too.

A lot depends on your budget. I took the decision to go for the (cheaper) 501 and buy the very best DAC I could afford (Chord Qutest). This strategy worked for me.

Hope this helps.
@6sj7 Thanks for your input, I'm very glad to hear this :D 

I'm more of an analogue guy, but do some digital stuff.  I plan on getting an Oracle Origine Mk II once I can afford one...I currently have a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with 2M Blue and acrylic platter.  As for a DAC, I plan on getting the Schiit Modi Multibit, as it seems to suit my needs the best.  I certainly enjoy the DAC that's in my Marantz CD6006, so that won't be changing for my CDs anyway.
The MP-501 would be driving my Focal Aria 936s, which is about the most I can ever see myself spending on speakers.