Open Baffle Convert

I recently took my 12" audio nirvana full range drivers out of their cabinets and into open baffles with wings. I can't believe the diference in sound. So much more 3 dimensional and lifelike. I was concerned the bass would roll off but I dont find it a aproblem at all. Munting them 14 inches to center of driver off of the floor seems to be enough. I am curious how many of you have heard this design. All of the downsides I had read about never materialized. Any thoughts?
128x128veroman
If I'm correctly informed, the closer a dipole is to the wall behind it, the higher in frequency does the out-of-phase cancellation begin.
I did not realize this about distance and bass cancelation. will experiment. Thanks Although I must say the bass seems fine as is.
I recently purchased a pair of open baffle speakers (Triart Audio) because I was impressed with the open soundstage and highs. But I should have auditioned them with rock music because the impact of drums is just not there. The bass instrument in Jazz music is too light as well, although female voices are excellent. The lack of bass is despite having a pair of 15 inch woofers in each cabinet! Overall, I'd say they are great for classical and jazz music, but not rock. 
True dat. I don't listen to rock any longer so....I find acoustic bass to be great on mine fwiw.