Omni Speaker Options

Have decided to move away from "box speakers" to create a system centered upon omni-directional speakers. I have heard MBL 111Es and like the transparency, resolution and dynamics. And I have seen some good prices for 111Es on Audiogon for preowned. But before I drop money on an MBL, I have to ask the question: Are they the only game in town? Have not heard German Physiks (high end) or Ohm (lower end). For those that are knowledgeble about omni-speakers, are there other brands that should be auditioned before I make the MBL investment? How does your recommended speaker compare to 111Es? The listening room is 26 feet long, 17 feet wide and 14 foot ceiling.
amilcar
Thanks Pedrillo, and Stringreen too. One of the best suggestions I received from a well known audio industry expert was that at the end of the day, "...it is your ears that must make the final decision about this most important component in your system, not the price tag." I don't doubt that Stringreen's hearing was fatigued when he auditioned the MBLs. Yet I have spoken to a well regarded concert pianist who is one of the biggest advocates for MBLs. Both persons no doubt are excellent musicians in their own right, but their sensibility around a common product diverges. And if the MBLs made you tap your feet to rap, well that says a hell of a lot. And if you enjoyed my favorite genre, jazz, via the MBLs, then this puts a check mark in my preferred column in comparing speakers.
Amilcar...why would you say that my hearing was fatigued?? It was not. The total MBL system I heard sounded heavy, ponderous and fake. That's not to say that you will like or not like them. That is what I heard. My post was a suggestion that you listen to them with your ears. Instead of putting checks on a piece of paper with reviews of strangers, listen yourself.
Stringreen,

Re-reading your post and mine,we do not disagree.If fake is what you heard I certainly do not dispute that.
Are they the only game in town?

Based on your comments so far, I can tell that they suit you perfectly. No need to solicit further comments... go with your gut feel!