OMG, just removed my speaker grills and the sound just opened up to a new level!

My recently purchased Focal Maestro Utopia speakers look so good with their black front baffle and side and back Camara white, I couldn’t even think about removing the grills to hear what they sound like with them off. With nobody around to voice their displeasure to seeing those drivers I boldly went were no man, or in this case myself, said he would never go and removed the grills. Hello, said the speakers
this is what I really sound like. I might not be as pretty, but love me for what really counts, how I sound,
not how I look. I have to say I love them even more and they’re not looking too bad either! 
hiendmmoe

@audiorusty thats the best comment yet. Ya'll must have some Shi**ty grills if it sounds so much better with them off. I like to drool over the looks of my drivers too but I also like to protect the drivers, keep bugs out of the ports, kids hands out & dust off drivers.
My Focal Electra 1038's are the same and do sound better with the grills off but present a problem as they are tricky to put back on especially after a glass or seven of listening enhancer.
In the Revel Salon 2 manual it says to remove the grills when doing "critical listening". They do sound different on vs. off, but i leave them on usually, since my room is bright, and my cat is crazy....
@geoffkait Quad 57s. Took my perfect metal grills off. You haven't lived until you pull 80 staples embedded in wood from a creaky frame. I was expecting a massive difference what with all that metal. Not that big a change but I rest easier knowing it's not in the way even though they are ugly now.