Old EL34

Does anyone has listen to the performance of Mullar EL34 with borwn base. It cost almost $500 for four. People say that the number of good conditions EL34 is getting less and less. Some very old EL34 even worth more tha $1,500. Can someone give me your opinion regarding such old EL34 compared with other brand name which are also quite old. Thanks
hmchan4dfc
THE REALIZATION THAT ANY EL34 BASED TUBE COULD TRADE AT THESE PRICES AS QUOTED BY THE QUESTIONER IS TRURLY OBSCENE. AM I BIASED AGAINST THIS TUBE - YES I AM. I DO NOT CHOOSE TO DESIGN AROUND THIS TUBE BASED ON THE FACT THAT EVEN IN THE BEST APPLICATIONS THAT I HAVE HEARD, THE TUBE TENDS TO SOUND OVERLY ROMANTIC. IF YOU MUST LIVE IN THIS FAMILY, PLEASE CONSIDER THE M.O.VALVE KT-77. DO REMEMBER TO ADJUST FOR IT'S ELECTICAL CHARACTARISTICS. PLEASE NOTE: any N.O.S. KT-77 THAT IS NEW SHOUD HAVE A FACTORY SPECIFICATION SHEET IN THE BOX.
i agree that there is no reason to pay excessive prices when there are excellent el34s (new) available. Using Svetlana. Work great!
I only use metal base Philips / Mullard EL34. The very best is the ''high heel'' version for the french market, marked ''Importé d'Hollande'', very, very (if not extremely?) rare. This is what you must look for, not the ''brown base'' crap. Or, try to find real GEC KT77, also very good, but, alas, rare.
Hi, Try to find mullard or GEC EL37.I have Mullard El34 and also GEC EL34 but the EL37 are the rarest.I own 4 of them. They are the best in my opinion