Ohm Walsh Microtall or Vandersteen 1C

So having gone to my local audio store yesterday and auditioning the Vandersteen 1C and the PSB Image T6, the PSB model is out. I was leaning heavily towards going back next week to buy the 1C, but I started down a path of reading about the Microtalls, and I think I have to call them tomorrow and order a pair.

I'll be running with just a Peachtree Nova, using a Macbook Pro (optical out), Ps3/Xbox 360, and turntable as sources. They'll be used to play music as well as for 2 channel HT.

I really enjoyed the 1C sound, which had warmth and clarity. The PSBs felt a little too neutral and cold to me. I think while I imagine that I want a real analytic, detailed sound to let me hear every little note and drum hit, in reality I want a speaker that lets me get lost in the music and just "live" while I have music on. I can use headphones for the analytic listening :)

Will the Microtalls work for watching video, in the sense that dialogue will still sound as if it's coming from the center? I know I could always add the center channel and a sub later to help out with HT, but that's not in the budget now.

What will I lose with the Microtalls vs. the Vandersteens? I was also wondering if I wouldn't be better off waiting until I could afford the 2ce Sig II (or finding some new) and going with the Ohm for now while I'm at a $1000 budget.

Finally, do I pay return shipping on the Ohms if I don't like them? What is that cost? Thanks!
rbf1138
Mapman mentioned a SE ohm. were you referring to the MWT or the 1000s? Is this a model above the standart mwt, 1000, 2000 set up? Thanks
I ordered the MWT SE, the lowest tier they make right now, aside from the Shorts.
Not to hijack the thread, but regarding the same two speaker options, which speakers would work best for the following circumstances:

Music: Prog rock/metal (85%), female vocals/jazz (10%), other (5%)

Room dimensions: apartment 2nd floor - 12'x13.5' room

Setup: Windows 7 on Dell PC, JRmedia jukebox, FLAC/Hi-Res, Schiit Bifrost, (amp will most likely be an Emotiva XPA-3 due to lots of headroom, future expansion into HT)

Thanks!
I can only speak for the OHMs but I think they are hard to beat for prog/rock/metal, which constitutes a major portion of my listening as well, especially with the right amp. That kind of music is perhaps the biggest reason I am where I am today.

They will hold their own or better against most any competitor I have heard with all the rest. A lot comes down in the end to personal preferences.