Odyssey Khartago ES or PS Audio Stellar S300?

I wonder if anybody listen side by side to Odyssey Khartago ES and PS Audio Stellar S300. They are close pricewise and both have good reviews. I’m looking for what we’re all looking for – transparency, details, controlled bass, separation of instruments, musicality… I use Mac C22 as preamp and Focal Electras BE 1028. Your expertise will be very much appreciated.

vad58

Showing 4 responses by arcticdeth

Odyssey uses I think 850’s now.
850va transformers. Not the 400.
I think it’s an option for the 850,.....
don’t quote me, one needs to call klaus for this. 
Go with the Odysseys.
you can get kismet innards in the khartago. Klaus will do whatever you want.

We suggest going full boat on khartago amps(s)
get the largest caps, and all the goodies if they fit.
You will be rewarded.
Just see what odyssey can fit in the khartago amps.
i h ears he can put the kismet in the khartago.
worst is the break in time,......I only shut down and unplug during storms, vacations, when not listening, oh hell,....they are powered on 24/48 hrs before a listening jam night.

Only issue is bias. Should have an outside knob to bias easily. Instead of the volt meter etc 
So.......

what have you gone with?

The Odysseys are great.

We bought a 15 year old stratos pair probably 4-5 years ago (in early 2010’s) red board, small black caps, didn’t keep up w my modded cerwin Vega D-9 pair. They beat up crown, QSC, and others. As well as the original odyssey amps I bought 

Low volume, they were simply amazing!

Contacted Klaus, he upgraded them to kismet monos, better parts, top VA transformer, the huge beer can caps by symphonic line. 
   They brought the Vegas to life, as well as my other speakers. 
   The worst is the break in, as hundreds of hours are needed!

When I shut them off,....it took a good 5-6 days of being powered on to achieve that sound........

keep us up to date....