NY Audio Show

Anyone going?   Looks like a nice show this year in a very nice venue.   Wish I could make it.  OHM Acoustics/speakers will have a room for first time ever at a show that I know of.  Would love to meet John Strohbeen. Sounds like a very competitive setup he wil have there for very modest cost.  Interested to hear what others find there.
128x128mapman
For me there were several things at the show I was excited to hear . First was the Kii all in one speaker system, which I thought was a knockout. Perfect for the audiophile who doesn’t want a complicated system or for a steller bedroom system.

The Bob carver line source speakers is something I’ve always wanted to hear. It did some things quite well and was a bargain. It was great to speak with Bob Carver himself. I heard that some people were slamming the speaker online because it uses an off the shelf driver sold by parts express (I think). But Bob designed that driver in some sort of licensing deal. The bass section was placed in a corner for gain because of the size of the room which made it a bit boomy for my tastes, but in a smaller room away from boundaries im sure it Would have performed better.

my favorite room was the solution and Magico room. The Magicos were fantastic at $16k even though it was a bit of a Mis match in cost with well over $100k of electronics.

i enjoyed hearing the small ohm speakers that truly had a big sweet spot.

I did wish they had seminars at the show. These were becoming some of my favorite things at previous shows.

The Martin Logan room I thought was a total disaster. Not sure if the Mark levinsion electronics were a bad match for them but the sound was hard and cold.

The other thing about shows it makes me appreciate my own system even more.

I like many have a nagging thought that perhaps there’s something better out there that’s the key to sonic nirvana.

But hearing some of the same cuts I heard at the show on my TAD speakers (augmented above and below) sounded much more like what I hear when attending the live acoustic bluegrass music parties my friend hosts in his apartment and at unamplified Jazz venues like Mezzrow here in NYC.  
devilboy

I agree with your top  pick Charney’s full range speakers  was our top pick also.
Loved Charney's room. My top room was Prism/ATC. What kept from Charney from being top for me is I asked them to play classical and at least in that room at that moment it was not convincing me. My top pick system has to be able to handle every type of music. Was not convinced by Charney. Hope I am wrong since I am a SET guy and very much want to agree with Charney's approach.
For my point off  view all single drive  LS is bassless and dont
good with Highs