Nuforce STA200

I am curious about the Nuforce STA200 amplifier  If anyone has experience with the amp it would be appreciated if you would share your listening impressions, both good and bad.  Some of the descriptions I have read classify it as a class AB amp and others a class D amp.  I am not technical savvy about these things, can a single amplifier be both? 
Thanks
George
jetter

Showing 2 responses by devilboy

Anyone have an issue with the power button?  When I first got it,the power button wouldn’t stay “in”. It kept popping out. I almost returned it but then it worked so I kept it.  Was fine for months then it happened again two weeks ago, and has been fine since. 

Sounds great btw. I’ve had the Job 225 twice and the Job INTegrated once. Fantastic stuff. 
@jl35 I can’t really comment on how the three compare because I changed my system around so much. However, both times I had the Job 225 and the one time for the INTegrated they were all very dynamic, fast, open and clean sounding with very nice bass control and surprisingly "warmish" mids. I’ve had all of them on three different Metrum DACs.

Funny thing though... One of my best systems was a Metrum Hex, Tortuga LDR passive and the Job 225. That said, I inserted the INTegrated in there and missed nothing. I then sold the Hex, Tortuga and 225. I just couldn’t justify the price difference.

I also had the Lightspeed Attenuator in there with great results.

Be aware using tube preamps with the Job though. No DC protection so if any gets passed on from a tube amp the 225 will pass it on to your speakers. So for those of you using a tube preamp with your STA 200, this is something to be mindful of.