Not sure for power conditioner my amp or not.

Hi, I have an VTA ST-120 I built using KT88C’s for my 2 channel. I have all my equipment running through a Torus Power TOT MAX Toroidal Isolation. I have heard 2 different versions on what to do. As far as what to plug my amp into. The wall or the TOT’s? I know this isn’t a "power conditioner" such as PS Audio sells. Should I keep everything plugged into the TOT, so all my grounds are the same and it has the optional surge protection? Or straight into the wall? I tried the wall once, but didn’t hear a difference really. But I didn’t test for long and not sure I ever got to the point of drawing too much power from the amp. Which is the best way to leave it? Thanks! Scott

VTA ST-120

128x128smoorenc

I did not wait 3 days to try out. My memory isn't that good anymore. I did go back and forth with a good hard hitting LP. "Atomic Movie Sound Track". Yes, when I really listen, there is a difference that I notice when it is at a higher volume. Now I wonder if I should move my tube pre-amp (uses 6SN7 octal tubes, has dual mono regulated power supplies for each channel) and bypass the conditioner. I would need to do some power cord movements. I have a very good upgraded wall outlet. I may just double it up with 1 more to get enough to add the pre-amp to it also. I don't want to do that for no reason and I don't have enough outlets, to just swap my cords around.

Now that my ST-120 is right, THANKS for ALL the GREAT helpful responses, does anyone have any experience with pre-amps making a difference or my VTA SP-12 in particular? 

One quick question please. Is keeping any tube device off of the conditioner? I also have tube Rogue phono-pre, tube DAC, tube headphone amp. Or only high current drawing devices, like the main amp?

audioisnobiggie  LOL  I know where a bunch of Sturgeon Class Fast Attack Sub Nuc Plants, along with the one I was on, are buried. :)  Thanks for being funny without being condescending! I hardly post on here in fear of being made fun of, for asking questions. Thanks. 

Hey Facten,

Sorry for the delay. If the capacitors discharge then he the op will need enough time for everything to charge up and level off. This may not be for 100% tube amp. That might only need a day. I have tested a lot of power cords and components. I mean a lot. I do not want to get into an audio war. I just wanted the op to have a totally fair a/b test. You can usually tell right away if you test with the right tracks that you know well and have a good ear. I doubled my outlets from two receptacles to four receptacles and plugged everything but my sources into them. All sources went into the “conditioner” I use Puritan 156 with the Puritan Ultra XX power cord. Nordost is killer stuff but I would spend a lot more than I wanted to. I also have the Puritan GroundMaster system with two 8’ copper coated rods outside my listening room.