Nordost Cable Sale

I took advantage of the Nordost close-out sale on IC and speaker cables on their Norse Series 1 line. I bought Frey XLR interconnects and Tyr bi-wire banana speaker cables and got a great deal on them, more than the typical 50% off that most places like MusicDirect advertizes. Is anyone else taking advantage of this sale? I hope that the Series 2 cables arn't that big of an improvement:)
roubaixpro
I took advantage to finally buy a 5.5 metre set of Tyr interconnects.

A crapload better than Acoustic Zen silver reference.
Thanks Roubaixpro, I just bought a Brahma power cord from Ron. I'm thinking about a pair of Heimdall speaker cables, but even at the discounted price I'm having trouble justifying it.
No problem Jmcgrogan2.
The Brahma power cord is a pricy cord too... What will you be using it on and do you think it will make a difference in sound quality?

Xti16,
Glad to hear that the Norse Series 2 are not necessarily a slam dunk in terms of overall improved sound quality:)) Plus, I could not afford the full prices of the new series anyway.
Jmcgogan2 - The Heimdall is the best bang for the buck in the original Norse line up. In fact you have to 'squint' to hear the difference between the Frey and Heimdall. Don't get me wrong but the difference is something you have to listen for.
Roubaixpro, I plan on using the Brahma on my Coda Model 11 power amp. I have some good cords on my other gear, but my amp is further away, and it needs a flexible 2 meter cord. The 4-5 foot cords I have won't reach the amp.

IMHO, from all of my experimenting over the years, I find that in general, power cords make the largest sonic difference, followed by interconnects and finally the speaker cables. Xti16, that's one of the reasons I'm dragging my feet on the Heimdall speaker cables, because I need a 2.5 meter bi-wire run, and I find that speaker cables make the least amout of difference in sound. So when I look at the cost, it's hard for me to justify it, even at 60% off, it's still almost $1K on speaker cables.

That doesn't mean that I've ruled it out though.....your bang for the buck argument is intruiging. :)