NODE as just a streamer / Airplay device

What are your thoughts on using the NODE as just a streamer and for airplay, and for storing maybe 30 CD of music in FLAC digital format? I will use a separate DAC, leaning toward the Benchmark DAC3 and I ordered the AHB2 amp.

My goal is a reliable, easy to use interface, easy to set up device that outputs accurate digital signal to the DAC. Probably going with Qobuz. Since this is the software side of thing, I want it to have an easy to use, feature rich interface, and is reliable and supported. Few things are more frustrating to finally getting some time for music listening and then having things not work or connect. I would like to hardwire connect the NODE to Ethernet cable and use an IPad to wirelessly control the NODE via a user interface. I want the Ipad to just be the controller and not be in the streaming loop.

Thanks of your input/advice.

12many

Showing 2 responses by relayer101

I agree. Definitely better than the old 8 track quality that happened to be in my first car. 

For the money the Bluesound Node is hard to beat. I've always been very satisfied with the sound quality from 16/44 files and up to 24/192. 

Does using Airplay to the Node support 24-bit/192 kHz hi res streaming? I have a Node 2i running through a separate DAC and if I stream a 24/192 Flac file directly from a streaming service on my iPhone or iPad to the Node 2i using Airplay the maximum output is 24/48 but streaming through the Bluesound App on iPhone or iPad to the Node 2i through WiFi the output is the full 24/192.

I’ve read on the Bluesound web that the maximum output from Airplay is 24-bit/48 kHz unless that has changed with the new Node.

Due to that I always stream through the Bluesound App to get the full resolution.