Nick Cave - Nocturama

Excellent. The faster, harder stuff leaves me, but the rest is just awesome.

Brad Day
Atlanta, GA
bday0000
I like the slower stuff when listening seriously so Boatman's Call plays well all the way through. Just bought Nocturama & agree w /Phasecorr... (which 1st two?)

Are other Einsturzende Neubauten titles recorded well? Chams_uk, you mean on vinyl or CD.
Seen them live over 15 yrs ago, great show.

A
Hi, Anton,

I think they are recorded OK, not superb. The newer pieces (the above songs are from 'Tabula Rasa') tend to sound better then the earlier.

I'm jealous you got to see them. I was out of town when they came to my area - twice ! Arrrrrgh....

I only have their material on CD, so that's my sphere of reference. I had an acquaintance who owned a couple things on vinyl (I think I remember seeing Halber Mensch out once), but I never got to hear them.

On a related note, though: I had a 12" single of Fad Gadget doing "Collapsing New People" with EN as a backup - GREAT version of the song, and very good recording !
Chams_uk,

Thks, I will look into that EN cd. Having a hard time acquiring music now that I took my system out of storage last month. Find myself compromising musical content with fidelity, not a good thing as it gets expensive. Any tips appreciated!

Fad gadget sounds familiar, will look into them too.

A
More to discover