Next step into Digital Streaming

I recently stepped into the world of digital streaming thanks to many of the discussions I read on this site and a couple others. Your advice and recommendations have been invaluable, thanks much. I acquired a Bluenode 2ia few months ago to get a taste of this world and I couldn't by happier.

I have my main audio/ht system down in the dungeon and that's where the node went, I also have another smaller audio/ht system up in the living room that I would now like to add streaming to. Cabling is possible but not easy so I'm leaning towards another streamer just for the convenience.

I have a collection on my own music that I would like to incorporate into a server/streamer as running it from the computer means i have to leave the computer running all the time, this is not my first choice as it is only used occasionally.  The house is cabled with Cat 6 so all locations "talk" to each other. 

Can I setup a server/streamer in the dungeon, load up my tunes and access them using a streamer in the living room? Is this a good way to expand? 

attila7

Showing 1 response by 7452jf

I have a standalone hard drive connected to my router via USB that we have music on. My node had no problem finding it. Understand SQ wise it’s probably not ideal, but demonstrates it is easily doable.