Next Biggest Improvement after Speakers ?

I know that different speakers offer the biggest and most dramatic difference and/or sonic improvement over other components in a system.
In your opinion, from personal experience, what component[s] usually offers the NEXT biggest sonic difference and/or improvements: Front end? Preamp? Power amplifier? Interconnects and Cables?
In what order,[most to least]?
daltonlanny
Hello, Dalton. There is a small camp here in Agon that believes the amplifier is far more important than the speaker for best sonic improvements.

I believe that the best amplifier in the world can make a pair of mediocre speakers sound fantastic. But the best speakers in the world will never sound better than the mediocre amplifier driving them.

I'd recommend concentrating on the amp first (and by a wide margin), and then speakers next.

-IMO
Source Source Source.

Speakers only reproduce whats fed them,

So how can they be the most important part of a System.

Speakers are the one item that has the largest profit margin for dealers and Speaker MFG,
Typically the margin on Electronics is about 25/30%.

Speaker margins are 50/75%

Thats why the dealers say speakers is where to put most of your cash.

GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT>

Rooms 3 Identical Systems

3 different sources

3 Different sounds.

Which room sounds best?

not the one with the most expensive source, but the one with the best source of the 3.

$ and sound quality have nothin to do with each other.
Nrchy, Ivor wasn't exactly unbiased. His primary goal was to sell turntables. What do you think he would say?

Assume you are correct that the source is most important and all the other elements in the chain only degrade the signal. Can't you at least admit that the speakers would be second in importance, simply because they have more potential to screw up the sound than any other component? To say speakers are the least important component (less than cables?) seems disingenuous to me.

Like others have said, balance is the key. Every component must be of high quality or the weakest one will define the character of the system.
Actually Uppermidfi, I would argue that the source starts with the LP spinning on the platter then it goes to the cart (and arm) then phono stage. If the vinyl is not spinning flat, true, and constant the cart's performance will be compromised. (In my experience). So I would get the best table I could afford. Your mileage may vary (and perhaps it does!). No right or wrong answers. :-)