Newer Blues Artists or Recordings

Any suggestions for new’ish blues artists and/or recordings you have discovered and enjoyed over the past few years? Please include all types of blues music and artists - traditional blues, southern rock/blues (e.g., Allman Bros., etc.), blues/soul, slower blues (i.e., good for background music while working), and cross-overs such as blues recordings by well-known rock or popular artists such as Boz Scaggs, Robin Trower, Eric Clapton, and others. Let’s help each other discover new blues music.

I will start with a couple of newer, young artists that I enjoy...

• Marcus King (try, Carolina Confessions or El Dorado)
  • Christone "Kingfish" Ingram (try, Live in London)
mitch2

The Nighthawk

Larry McCray

Freddie King

Sugar Pie DeSantos

Watermelon Slim

R.L. Burnside

Paul Butterfield

Son House

Frank Marino- Real Live CD  is amazing.

Gary Hoey

Davey Knowles and Back Door Slam

Super Sonic Blues Machine.

Enjoy!

Robben Ford

Rocky Athas Band

Jimmy Herring

Terry Evans

Walter Trout

Coco Montoya

When I last saw Buddy Guy, the opener was Ally Venable.  She has a great voice and some serious guitar chops.  I hear her occasionally on Bluesville on SiriusXM.

Doug MacLeod - Audiophile recordings of some of the best original acoustic Delta and country blues going. Great story teller.

Delta Time - Terry Evans and Hans Theessink  with Ry Cooder. An another audiophile gem!

Christone “Kingfish” Ingram - saw him when he was 15 years old Redds Juke Joint in Clarksdale, MS.  He’s going to be a great one as he develops his own style and sound. Too be watched!