Newbie, need advice.

I have a old school Bench mark DAC1.I recently bought a Luxman CL-38uC Pre Amp and it says be aware that the maximum input level at the balance input is 2.5 V and therefore sound signals may be distorted if a device with larger output level is connected. I look up the spec sheet on the Benchmark Dac 1 and it did not see the spec for the output voltage, unless i misread it. Can anyone pitch in on this and let me know if i can use balance input cables from DAC to PRE-AMP?

Thank You 
Jorica
jorica
I spoke to Benchmark this morning and they advice having the attenuation jumpers at -20 which would give 1.3 volts output, putting jumpers at -10 would give me 4.0 volts which would cause distortion. Thanks again Gents for the advice

jorica.
Yes that's what I said set the balanced jumpers to factory -20 they will go higher than 4 volts if you set the jumpers to 0. I used to have a DAC 1 it was made for Studios as well as home use. 
jorica,

for what it’s worth, I have three pairs of the Colorado’s in my system and have no complaints.

All the best.

JD
Despite the claims of a poster above, I've had 2 DACs in a row that are 2.5V output or more. My current favorite DAC, the MHDT Labs Orchid NOS DAC, outputs 3V. 

That's a true pain-in-the-ass; difficult (but not impossible) to get the gain of downstream gear under control. But I like the sound of the DAC so I deal with it.