New YBA equipment... Old YBA

I heard something about YBA, re-engineering and introducing a new line in the US? Is this old news? has it already been introduced and if it has, when? And was there a new name disignation. I'm thinking purchasing YBA, Passion Intgrated and CD 2. But I get confused when I see the Alpha, Delta and now a Sigma series? How can I tell them apart? I saw an ad on a passion saying it was a new Version with a blue light instead of the old Green? Did they change the amp or just the light.

Thanks for your help.
briweve
Sorry realized that I posted my unit as aCD-1 it is the CD-3 replaced recently by the CD 1000 Passion series.

Thanks
I have YBA CD-2 and I had to clean the blue light with a cutip and some lens cleaning solution (use what is available) and it fixed the problem of reading tracks. Also, I noted that YBA simply won't play home made CDs but never gave problems with red book cds. If this is giving problem, you definitely need to get it serviced. I hope it helps..
I have a audio refinement CD player that I don't use anymore. It's collecting dust. Why? The digital output of this unit never alined with the AVM20 digital input, so I couldn't use it. The two channel analog audio worked fine and sounded very good. However, the DACs on the AVM20 seemed to be as good if not better. So I have a Toshiba DVD player I use as a transport and my system sounds great that way. If you go with an Integrated Amp with a DAC frontend, save yourself some money and buy a good DVD player as a transport.
>> save yourself some money and buy a good DVD player as a
>> transport.
>> perrykg@comcast.net

well said indeed!
some months ago I bought a SOny DVP-S7000 DVD player to use as a transport (with a Scott Nixon DAC) & I have not looked back at all! Betters my older H/K 1-box CD player. Is inferior to my modified Wadia 861SE but gives the latter a good run for the money (& it's a stock DVP-S7000 unit!).
Hencamp, Of course, the CD-1 blue-laser is my most fantastic CDP. The most analog sounding CDP I've ever had. However, it is a bit tricky CD Player IMO. You may try turning off the player everytime whenever you want to change the CD. The CD-1 can't read the number of songs on your second CD if it contains more songs than the previous CD you've just taken it off, but it'd be no problem if the second CD has less songs than the previous one. Strangely but true, this player require you to put a CD in place before you can turn it on, if not, it won't read anything. Think that would help.