New vs Used CD Player

How do some of the new players in the $3000 range, like the GamuT, Shanling and EMC-1 compare sonically to used players like the Meridian 508.24, ML39 and ARC CD2? Or is it worth it to wait and save more $$$ for a used Mk1 Capitole?
tonyp54
My opinion these days is to buy gear "new" where the technology truly does change frequently - i.e. pre-amp, processors, cd players, dvd players
and to buy "used" where the technology does not change that often - i.e. amps, speakers, cables.
Gimme a week, it'll probably change again, but that's my latest thinking anyway ;-} -aj
I always bought NEW stuff. That is until I found Audiogon, Ebay, Audioreview, Audioclassic, and Audioweb. Get the IDEA, you can find LIKE NEW CD's and everything else and SVAE to buy MORE if you shop wisely. Audiophiles are always buying and selling equipment. I think listening is most important but getting TOYS that are new to YOU and trying them is a LOTT of FUN.
If you can get a two year old class a player for 60-70% less than the new model I would buy the used one . Many of the new models cost a lot more and do not offer the bank for a buck value . A few examples Sonic Frontiers SFCD 1 around $ 1,600. , ARC CD-2 Around 1,500., Meridian 508.24 around $ 1,500.00 , Krell 300 around 1,800.00 Mark levinson # 39 around $ 3,000.00, the Electrocompient 1 around $ 2,500. They don't get much better than these.
I agree with Weiserb. In fact I feel the opposite of the people who say buy the stuff that changes frequently (digital gear) new. Buy used unless you are sure you are going to keep the piece for a long, long time. If you are going to keep the piece for a long time then it might be nice to have the warranty. Otherwise, why pay full price on gear that will be improved upon in 12 months. With so many good people on Audiogon, you can buy used gear with high levels of confidence IMHO.

I think the CD player recommendations above are good ones,

Trust your ears, and Good Luck!