New Von Schweikert Models

I just got a press release from VSA showing the new VR4SR ($8K/pr) and VR9 SE ($60K/pr) that will be demoed at CES. Man I wish I was going, not only for this, but for everything else as well.
maineiac
Here is the text of the press release. There is also a PDF with a pic of the 4SR. The 4SR looks like a beefier version of the 4JR with aluminum drivers in the base unit. No pics of the Vr-9. I can e-mail the PDF if you are interested - just drop me a line.

One thing I was wondering about the other day, why is it that we never hear anything about the VR-5 or VR-7?
-------------------------------------

2005 CES Press Release

San Marcos, California. Von Schweikert Audio is pleased to announce the World Premiere of two new state-of-the-art speaker systems: VR-4 SR generation IV ($8,000/pr) and VR-9 SE ($60,000/pr). New technology has been developed to recreate the soundfield of a live event; these are not “just another speaker” designs but are genuine breakthroughs in engineering. VR-9 SE is world’s first system to have a bandwidth of 10Hz to 100kHz in a reasonably sized enclosure!

To celebrate these two new models, Von Schweikert Audio will be showcasing their products in seven (yes, that’s 7) rooms at the upcoming 2005 CES (Alexis Park Hotel) and T.H.E. Show (St. Tropez Hotel):

· VR-9 SE - Multi-channel demo in Ballroom One at St. Tropez Hotel, site of T.H.E. Show (adjacent to the Alexis Park Hotel).

(VR-11 SE to be demonstrated at evening appointments)

· VR-4 SR generation IV - Room 1401 at St. Tropez Hotel

· dB-99 SE high efficiency speaker in room 1002-1004, St. Tropez Hotel (T.H.E. Show)

· VR-4jr - Rooms 1001-1003 at St. Tropez Hotel

· VR-4jr - Rooms 2561 and 1552 at CES Alexis Park Hotel

· System 12 Home Theater package in room 2153 at CES Alexis Park Hotel (Smyth Research technology demo)

Please stop by to hear what many reviewers call The World’s Best Speaker Systems using Ambience Retrieval and Global Axis Integration technology, invented by Albert Von Schweikert. These new engineering concepts enable the VR series of speakers to replicate the feeling of “live music!”

Your right Maineiac!!!! Really very little about the v5 and almost nothing about the v7!!!????!!!
The VR-5 and VR-7 have been completely redesigned and will be re-introduced much like the VR-4SR, VR-9, etc. are being introduced. The VR-7 will be finished first, the VR-5 is not quite ready for prime time. I have a glossy PDF file if someone wants to see what the new VR-7 looks like. It's a big speaker :)
The VR-9SE's are a finished product, the first 2 pairs already having been shipped out 4 weeks ago.
I'm looking at a pair right now.
And listening.
Anyone unable to attend CES and remotely near Ohio is welcome to come by for a listen. Don't plan on being in a hurry :^)
I received the new VR -7 SE about 10 days ago. They are absolutely phenomenal. I have a fairly large room (32x20) and for the first time a speaker can fill the room with big dynamics and yet have delicacy and opulence. They are a must hear.