New, Very Interesting CD Transport

On John Darko's website today we learn of the brand new Shanling ET3 CD Transport. And for $729 USD it looks really capable. Top loading with Philips SAA7824 drive. AES/EBU, coaxial, TOSLINK and I2S digital outputs. Plus Wifi and Bluetooth. USB to connect to a external HD and built in upsampling, too. It even will output digital to USB for connection to a DAC but not with upsampling.

Here's the skinny:

https://darko.audio/2023/06/shanlings-et3-cd-transport-comes-with-two-twists/

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcreativepart

is seem quite good ,, what comparson with marantz 63 ot marantz 67  ,,, just wondered

Bogart99,

you got it right that is a load of twaddle, anybody that can't hear the difference between transports is got to have their ears examined and especially when they're using $16 transports doesn't say much about his system does it lol

Maybe he got the bargain of the century at $16. All I know is my CDT sounds better than one living in a Marantz CD player I have.

Never understand the "all transports" sound the same commentary. The same transport may itself sound different depending upon which output connection has been optimized by the manufacturer. The SQ through the SimAudio 260DT in my 2nd system sounds even better using AES/EBU than SPDIF. After hearing the difference I reached out to SimAudio to ask if any of the outputs had been optimized and was told AES/EBU thereby confirming what i heard.

Also, I initially had the Cambridge CXC in that system and it comes up well short of the SimAudio 260DT's SQ  SPDIF vs SPDIF.

Post removed