New turntable

I just purchased a Music Hall MMF-5 and have been very happy with it. After many years I'm finally unpacking all my stored albums and rediscovering music that will never make it to CDs. I am looking for web sites or resources that can help me optimize my setup, assist in tweaks, etc. This particular turntable was very easy to get up and running but I get the feeling that more can and should be done, to maximize the sound. I seem to remember a much bigger differential in sound quality 8 years ago when I listened and compared CDs to vinyl. My current digital system actually sounds pretty good now and I'd really like to see what this budget/entry analog setup can do. Thanks in advance.
jt101

Showing 1 response by jt101

David99, thanks for the input. I will look into a new cartridge later on. (my wife will kill me if she notices a new table or cartridge already) I'm trying to find out exactly how I should set things up to optimize the sound as the instructions with the 'table were too rudimentary. I think an isolation base will be my first addition. Do those vibrapod things really work?