New TT for ~$1500

My birthday is coming up and I will be asking for a *new* TT. Budget is up to $1500, but preferably closer to $1k. I would be comfortable pitching in another few hundred $$$ for a good cartridge if I get a table without one. Was thinking:
Rega P3, maybe P6 if I really stretch the budget (that'd be over my $1500 mark)

MoFi StudioDeck
Clearaudio Concept (I have a lead on a lightly used one with low hours, bundled with an Artist V2 cart, but might make gift giving awk)

Pro-Ject X2 w/ Sumiko Moonstone

Any thoughts?

tas236

The Hana SL is a wear-it-down to the nub cartridge. Thats a good thing.  Also look at similarly priced Benz.
Hi to everybody. Greetings from Australia.
I am very new here, although not at all new to audio and I have been following this topic with interest.
I also had the same question as the OP and I looked at and listened to as many of the usual suspects as possible, so Pro-Ject, Rega, Music Hall etc.
I decided on a Pro-Ject 2xperince DC at a cheap price for a demo unit, but quickly became dis satisfied with it, so I sold it and imported a vintage Pioneer PL 50  via Noppin and subsequently fitted a Dynavector DV 20 XL cart.

Compared to you guys in the USA, all audio gear is very expensive in Australia and even ordinary tables like the Rega 8 and MoFi Ultradeck are $4K+ AUD here. My Pioneer sounds( and looks) great and you can see, feel touch and most importantly, hear, the quality of a 30 year old table compared to a 2020 table.
So, to address the OP's question, I would look to import a vintage DD 'table such as Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon, Victor etc for a ridiculously low price. Yes, it is true that shipping is expensive but all up my Pioneer cost me $1100 AUD, two years ago. Shipping prices have definitely risen sharply since then but IMO it is still a viable option.
binalong,

I agree, Vintage Direct Drive. Many, not all of he JVC-Victor and Denon Plinths are special designs, some 70 mm thick, 7 layers (4 wood/3 compound), others are solid, it is good to know which type you get.

I like Real Wood Veneer, that Denon marble plinth is a cut above, some wood is actually vinyl photo of wood, wrapped on the plinth.

The Sony I found is Metal, not plastic.

Of course, if you like or not bothered by plastic, you can get vintage for less cost, or affordable new.

Vinyl Engine says your Pioneer PL50 is Belt Drive, correct?

file:///C:/Users/ellio/Downloads/ve_pioneer_pl-50.pdf

Removable Arm Boards give future flexibility, and the large plinths with two removable arm boards are terrific if you get into Mono LP's as well as Stereo.