New Synergistic Product: Tuning Discs

I was lucky enough to be asked to try out a prototype of a new Synergistic Research product. For now, I think they are calling it a Tuning disc.

What it looks like is a small wafer (smaller than a dime and is very thin). They are either in gold or purple tops and are attached using some tacking substance. I placed 2 on top of my Shunyata Sigma V2 interconnects.

I wasn’t expecting much but whoa, did these things work! First, I tried the purple on my interconnects and boy did the soundstage widen with lots of air.

Then I tried the gold discs and though the sound stage shrunk perhaps a little but the naturalness of the music was fantastic!

Hard to believe that these things work so well, I am really impressed.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Showing 23 responses by jerryg123

Not saying I disagree and one can draw other conclusions from the content of this discussion…..I think Ozzie honestly was reporting his findings. I know manufacturers have sent advance product to members hoping for this type result. Creating a buzz. 

@perkri kinda hard to try it when it is not even on the market.

Like I said earlier manufacturers will send out samples to people who will review it to create buzz.

I for one do not think this is the case here but here maybe suspect of the motives.

Once again, all the same naysayers chime in without having tried the tweak.

@ozzy I actually appreciate your posting and do not see any hidden agenda on your part .Others may and I bet black helicopters are following them also.

Teds product can be controversial and that is where some of this negativity can be derived from.

As @perkri said earlier there was a post on Class D amps and the new amps from Atmasphere and Ralph chimed in. There was no outrage?

I like seeing manufacturers contribute but they should keep a low profile and make their intent clear.

@ozzy I appreciate your review and as @oldhvymec er (Lennie) Tell them about the bunnies George. Said they do offer a No Risk Money Back Guarantee and Scarface did not.

Well Scarface did but you would have a hard time getting a refund, he gave it to you in 9mm led.

I have used that MBG on every Synergistic product I have purchased. Stuff just is not for me but I will be open minded and might give these a whirl.

Stuff from SR may not work for all, I know they did not for me.

Ted is a wagon peddler for sure. 
I am not going question those who claim Ted’s stuff works in their system. 

I could tell you exactly how they work, but then I’d be telling my competitors exactly how to make them.

Ted they will figure it out.

Any combination of the following.

1, Make your wallet lighter

2. Make your system sound better

3. make your system sound worse

4. Do nothing but look cool

5. Make you take a trip to the Post Office to return them.

Kidding. Ted should explain.

@oldhvymec er Lenny I said I am going to order these things and try them out.  My beef with Ted earlier was about the way he treated a member here that is Autistic.

You know what I could care less what you think go feed the chickens.

I find this statement ridiculous. As I have used a number of SR products in systems past and present. These systems were made up of such brands as Moon by Simaudio, McIntosh, Pathos, AR, Gold Note, Bel Canto, Raven, PL, Sonus faber, ..... think you get the gist and the SR products did not make a change for the better or worse in my systems at the time.

Not saying they do not work just I did not hear the benefit. Now maybe a system of mid to lo-fi gear would benefit more?

I am sure Ted will weigh in but I think the old line of your system is not revealing enough is stereotypical response.

Just my opinion no rub on Ted or SR products at all.

In my quite lengthy experience, SR products are the real deal if your system is good enough.

Give 'em a try...

@ozzy I am willing to give them shot, though I did say I would not give Ted a dime of my money for his shot at a member here with Asperger. I am a principled man and  have several friends with kids on the spectrum.

It is only $200.00 and I will give them shot once released to the market.

Also have ordered the new Cable Elixir from the HF Cable fellas. Had the old juice and misplaced it...errrr!

@ted_denney I will take your word for it and I apologize for any discomfort I may have created.

I am man enough to do that though @oldhvymec may beg to differ but I digress.

Again I will not disparage you any more and I will take down those posts that offended you if you will.

Social media can be a bitch and that is why this is the only place I participate in a forum or social media.

@dabel . Sure SR Orange fuses, SR PHT and SR ECT.  also one that did work out was the SR XOT Carbon for my QLN speakers.

Again I am not a naysayer and I have an open mind.

I see the Audioholichs pinhead followers are out today.

When they offer a FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE......

Yep you are a pinhead. There is zero, notta, zilch, risk with SR products. I know as I have returned some that netted a low ROI.

I bid you good day @wesheadley and your side kick @gita Say hi to Gene.

My only gripe is that people are being ripped off. When the profit margins are orders of magnitude above the actual costs

@gita yes it was lost on me and I apologize as I was puzzled from painting the tank on my Ducati. Have leak in my respirator.

@tsushima1 you have no idea who or what I am. Some tweaks do work. I have the feeling the only reasonable people in your book agree with you. Well I am not that guy I am an independent thinker.

@coralkong :

You Talking To Me GIFs | Tenor

LOL....250+ posts on a review for something ONE guy has heard.

LOL.....ONE guy has tried them.

Some of you people are pathetic.

So what is fair pricing and who determines what is fair?

Fair is what ever the market will accept.

If you do not accept the price......

my issue isn't the products, my issue is the pricing

bet these things come in between $200-$500 

We will never have fair pricing in audio