New streamer? N150 vs U2

So many people have asked this question and I’ve read all the threads. Has anyone actually directly compared the Aurender N150 to the Lumin U2 (or U1)? 

‘’I’m having a difficult time with an upgrade because I modified my BlueSound Node 2i, added a linear power supply and a new digital coaxial cable (Nordost Silver Shadow).  The results have been outstanding.  So why upgrade? Well, that is the big question.  Can a new streamer add that much more?

I would like full MQA if possible and upscaling to DSD.  My DAC does do MQA so I’m limited to the first unfold from the Node 2i.

‘Advice?

txp1

Showing 5 responses by leorousseau

Good morning,

Which upgrade and power supply did you end up going with? I ordered one yesterday, but I'm looking for a good power supply for it. The one that I ordered is LHY Audio and it's very new for 2023. 

https://www.beatechnik.com/product-page/lhy-bluesound-psu-kit

@txp1 Yes I’m very curious about it. I found it through a video that Alvin (from Vinshine Audio) did the other day. Since I have a Denafrips Ares II, I will put my faith in Alvin’s hands and go with it. I’m so looking forward to the end result. I apologize for this conversation in this thread as it wasn’t my intent. Just trying to look at what other people are using for power supplies and if they are happy with the results. ✌️

What’s a good method of listening to jazz on Bluesound? I wish that Radio Paradise had a channel.