New Stereo Times review on CODA CSiB Integrated Amplifier

My fellow Stereo Times staff reviewer, Richard Willie, has written a superlative review on the Coda CSiB Integrated that has just been posted on the website. Richard does a great job of describing the new "house" sound of this generation of Coda gear, an excellent analysis of the world class build quality of Coda gear, and a very interesting comparison of the Coda CSib to the Pass Labs XA-30.8. A fun read!

amorstereo

Showing 3 responses by aolmrd1241

Doug made it plain in his quote that the csib is "close in sound" to the separates.. but it is "not identical" in sound...close does not mean exactly the same. What the separates bring to the table is a more refined sound presentation...but like all things high end...for a price.   
Not twisting words. Very close is not the same as identical. If it were true.. he might as well toss the o7x and #8 to the curb and call it a day! Doug told me as you go up the line you get more refinement for the money. The number 8 is close to the number 16 in sound quality.. but it is not identical.
The 07x and #8 are very special music makers being cut from the same cloth...They truly deliver the goods all the way around and are true sleepers in their given categories...I can’t recommend them highly enough. Maybe someday I will purchase the #16 for that last iota of performance...but if not... I won’t lose any sleep...8)