New speakers to replace ProAc Studio 140, paired with Cambridge Audio Evo 150

Hi there!

I’m in the market to replace a pair of ProAc Studio 140. The budget is around 3.5k euros. I’ve already bought a new amp, the CA Evo 150, which should have enough power for most speakers.

I’ve already made a shortlist of some potential candidates based on what I’ve been reading:

• B&W 702 S2
  • Spendor A7
  • Fyne Audio F501SP
  • PMC Twenty 23
  • Dynaudio Special Forthy

To conclude, I also have a sub that I’ll keep (Rel 7/i) that will supplement the bass side.

Let me know your thoughts and recommendations.

128x128marcozero

I currently own the Proac D 40r. I owned a number of speakers before that with many of them from Proac (including the Studio 140) as well as other brands such as Spendor 9/1, Harbeth 7, Joseph Audio, Rogers B&W, Dynaudio, and Celestion, etc.

I kept returning to Proac, which apparently suits my ear best and has some synergy with other equipment I have owned.

Good luck with your search.

I believe you are referring to the ProAc Response D20R. I can't say I'd prefer to keep with ProAc or change. In the end, it could all be decided on which ones I can get a better deal if there isn't a strong winner amongst the group.

That being said, it's fair to add them to the group:

• B&W 702 S2
  • Spendor A7
  • Fyne Audio F501SP
  • PMC Twenty 23
  • Dynaudio Special Forthy
  • ProAc Response D20R

If you like the ProAc sound (I do) move up the ProAc line. It just keeps getting better and the speakers with ribbon tweeters are great