New Raven Audio CeLest Monitor coming this fall.

I spent over an hour on the phone with my friend James Connell just talking audio stuff and about life in general. If you ever get a chance to get Jame, Bryant or Raven Dave on the phone they are fascinating people and have accomplished such amazing things in the face of adversity and a pandemic.

SoI called to thank James for fixing up a Blackhawk 3.1 I bought on the used market that had some issues from the previous owner. We got to talking about the CeLest towers that I own and James dropped that they are coming out with a CeLest 2Way Monitor and it will be available in the late summer/early fall.
I told James I was really interested and would love to get pair to send to my son at Norte Dame (PHD Candidate). He said I will do you one better. He is going to send the prototype CeLest Monitor to live with me for a couple of weeks to review. How cool is that?

He asked me to run it through the full gambit of gear I have and share the result, well here.

So I should have them in a few weeks when I come in off my Central American Tour.

More to come.
128x128earlflynn

Showing 5 responses by jerryg123

Sorry to hear of your experience.
Find it odd you Joined today and posted this today?
So did you pay them a dime?
If not move on the deal fell through.
Reading the OP it sounds like he was to get the speakers you are writing about.
???
@jetter no but I was an Eagle Scout and my Grandfather was a Lt Col and my Father a Major. 

So I have a real good idea.

I am still suspect of the post.
@erangel I understand and an acquaintance of mine had some issues with James.Will not go into the details however I now have no reason to doubt the validity of your complaint and I will steer clear of these people.
This person even chirped off on in the comments section of Part Time Audiophile that posted a review of the Blackhawk and his post was deleted. He did say the editor sent him an email and wanted to hear the details of his complaint. He just let it die he felt it was a waste of time when PTA killed his post.

Ethics and integrity is very important and seems to lacking at times.
@erangle If he did it to you I am sure has to others.

Sad part is people will keep doing business with them and like it has been said about the Tekton guy jumping people.
Funny how small this world is and they think they can just keep treating people like excrement.

They lost any shot at any of my business EVER!

Since my initial post, I received a nastygram text message from James Connell at Raven where he goes so far as to question my integrity and even my military service. It is really quite unfortunate, but it only serves to confirm my summation of his character