New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

Showing 3 responses by duramax747

Called Underwood HIFi today and as I was speaking with them they were removing the RS2T from their website as they were getting too many returns on units not working. 

lak,

As I was talking to Underwood HIFI on the phone,  he said I'm pulling the product from the website as it has had so many returns and manufacturer is discontinuing it. 

It disappeared right before my eyes as I was on site to review products. 

Well I did not want to leave what I mentioned the other day without follow up to the source. I called Fine Sounds today and this was what I was told. 

The bad units were a manufacturing mistake on the mechanism and the problem was compounded with rough handling during transit. 

The factory has corrected the issue. They have faced/facing bottlenecks with the transport mechanism. They feel they will receive their long awaiting order soon and can resume production. Back orders are expected to be May and new orders would start shippinbg in July.

I'm a US manufacturer and understand logistic issues and appreciated the explanation. 

After getting off the phone I felt confident they will make right on malfunctioning units and restore customer confidence. 

I got in line for a backorder unit to ship out expectedly in May.