NEW Pre Amp Processor - Narrowing down the list

I am hoping that the non-response to my earlier request was due to my lame subject title, so I am trying again. I would really like your opinions. I am getting very close to closing a deal on the EAD.
I am looking to upgrade the pre amp processor. Here's what I have them narrowed down to:

Krell HTS
Accuphase CX 260
Classe SSP 75
Anthem AVM 20
EAD Theatremaster 8000

I have a Classe CA300 amp driving Innersound ISIS. I have a multichannel amp driving the center and surrounds. I don't even want to get into what those are, because you guys would start tearing up that part of the chain and I don't have the money to worry about the rest of it yet. I am looking to spend between $3K-$4K.
I am mostly interested in the 2CH sound and not so much all the snazzy features for HT craziness. I love details and mid range - very warm musical sounds. If anyone has "ears-on" experience with any of these three, I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks in advance,
-Angela
angela100

Showing 2 responses by angela100

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. Scott, I almost bought an ssp75, but decided to go with the EAD.

Jacob, I don't know if you have heard Krell lately, but I thought that I would NEVER say this, but they are much more musical than in the past. I have NEVER been a Krell fan because I thought that they were too sterile, but the new gear is warmer. For grins one Saturday, go down and audition some. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Tara Labs bought EAD and now they are back on track with their order fulfillment. By the way, I just ordered the EAD TM8000 and the lead time is only 1 week!

It seems to be the industry trend for these companies to continue to make it through the recession. I am just glad that they are getting creative in how to keep the doors open.
and GMB4th, a rack of this gear would look magnificent. The machining on the metal is awesome! Who knows, I may be looking at the PM next....

IT's FRIDAY!!!
-aj
thanks, Sfstereo! I am excited. This is really my first big purchase and upgrade. (does the SF stand for San Fran?) -aj