New Pangea Audio AC-14 XL Power Cord

I was ready to order the Pangea AC-14SE when I came across a new PC from Pangea...the AC-14 XL. It looks like a totally different animal than the AC-14SE and AC-14.
Has anybody tried this PC yet?

http://www.audioadvisor.com/Pangea-Audio-AC-14-XL-Power-Cable/productinfo/PGAC14XLI/#.Uw-j215yEt5
128x128lowrider57

Showing 2 responses by st0944

Not a big believer in spending huge $$$ on power cords, I just acquired the Pangea AC-14XL. I have power conditioning throughout my system, which is comprised of customized vacuum tube equipment, including a pair of 805 SE amps. I have some vintage name brand power cords supplying the main power to the conditioners, and SoniClear, cryo treated, power cords supplying all the other gear. The SoniClear cables were reasonably priced and a nice upgrade over stock. In comes the 14XL into the preamp. All else remained the same. To say I was surprised is an understatement. The sound literally exploded (but very smoothly) into my room. I had no idea that my SE amps could make such low bass. My Von Schwiekert speakers are capable of going very deep into the nether regions. I put on cut 6 from The Gladiator CD and was astonished that my system, particularly the amps, could produce the low bass that it did. Improvements are not just in the bass, but I can't get into all of those now. I have had the cord for about two weeks and I think I am still hearing changes (for the better). Given its gauge, I would not use these on power amps.
Not a big believer in spending huge $$$ on power cords, I just acquired the Pangea AC-14XL. I have power conditioning throughout my system, which is comprised of customized vacuum tube equipment, including a pair of 805 SE amps. I have some vintage name brand power cords supplying the main power to the conditioners, and SoniClear, cryo treated, power cords supplying all the other gear. The SoniClear cables were reasonably priced and a nice upgrade over stock. In comes the 14XL into the preamp. All else remained the same. To say I was surprised is an understatement. The sound literally exploded (but very smoothly) into my room. I had no idea that my SE amps could make such low bass. My Von Schwiekert speakers are capable of going very deep into the nether regions. I put on cut 6 from The Gladiator CD and was astonished that my system, particularly the amps, could produce the low bass that it did. Improvements are not just in the bass, but I can't get into all of those now. I have had the cord for about two weeks and I think I am still hearing changes (for the better). Given its gauge, I would not use these on power amps.