New Network Acoustics Tempus switch

Network Acoustics which are known for their great performance on noise filtering (ENO / MUON series) have launched a new switch: https://www.networkacoustics.com/shop/tempus-ethernet-switch/

There is also a review at: https://the-ear.net/review-hardware/tempus-is-everything/ which sounds really very promising. So I decided to get one 😃

Have others already experience with it?

markush

I will be receiving my Tempus switch in about 4 weeks - as a replacement for my SOtM switch with Farad3 LPS.

I have no idea at all what the improvements in SQ will be - if any...

Keep you guys posted....

AudioPhool music server 2.1 with JCAT XE network card  > SOtM switch >  Weiss 501 MKII DAC > ASR Emitter II excl. amp. > Harbeth 40.2 (with internal silver cables)

@adriaan - Thank you! I’m very curious about your impressions of the Tempus. 
I thought I was pretty much done with my system, but have become intrigued with the potential improvements from companies like Network Acoustics. 

I received my new Tempus switch + power supply + DC cable today with FedEx...

First impressions are very positive...

I will post a mini review early next week, as Rob Osbourn from Network Acoustics recommends burn-in for at least 100 hours.

I’m curious if by now you folks that bought the switch have an opinion on how it sounds, and what you compared it to?

Mini review Network Acoustics Tempus switch

I received my Tempus last week – as a replacement for my SOtM sNH-10G switch with Farad3 LPS – I let it burn-in for approx. 110 hours.

Based on Hamelin’s Fauré piano works and Shostakovich symphony 10 by Haitink on BR KLASSIK. I can tell you that the Tempus is the better switch:

• Hamelin is played with more pace and sounds more friendly in the higher frequencies
  • Shostakovich 10 directed by Haitink on the BR Klassik label is portrayed calmer and with more pace also

Put in other words: I notice myself listening in a more relaxed manor to the music – there are mo distractions anymore like sudden aggressive spikes and too fast presented notes.

Please note that I am using the Tempus with:

• Network Acoustics Muon Ethernet filter in between audio server and switch
  • Network Acoustics Muon Streaming Ethernet cable & filter in between switch and DAC

AudioPhool music server 2.1 with JCAT XE network card > Network Acoustics Tempus switch > Weiss 501 MKII DAC >ASR Emitter II excl. amp. > Harbeth 40.2 loudspeakers resting on top of TonTräger audio stands