New Music Recommendations 2012

We have a wealth of musical wisdom here and it seems many enjoy having an ongoing thread were we can share new music finds with the rest of the forum. Here we go!

If you're enthusiastic about a new album you've picked up feel free to tell us about it. Post, discuss, inform....but be civil:)

No genre limitations, anything goes as we have all sorts of interests here. Classical, Jazz, Indie, Folk, Rap, R&B, Blues, Techno, Ambient, Modern Classical and on and on....post em all..

Let the music play.......
richard_stacy
I picked up the 40th Anniversary Edition of Jethro Tull's Aqualung and found it to be much better than the original.
Steve Wilson done an excellent job at remastering this classic.
This has been a pretty good year for music. Personal favorites:

Rodney Crowell - Kin
Susanna Hoffs - Someday
John Mayer - Born and Raised
Memphis Boys - The Story Of American Studios
Verdi - Complete Ballet Music from the Operas (Naxos)

Rich
I just ordered the Genesis (1970-1975) 180g box set. It includes six albums from the group's early days. Rhino Records remastered/re-issued the albums with excellent results (I'm told). Prior to buying the box set, I purchased a single Genesis (Rhino) LP entitled "Nursery Chryme" just to make sure the reissued/remastered LP meets expectations-it does! I agree with most individuals that Genesis was in rare form in the early days before they went top-40 radio. If you're a Genesis fan and remember the early sessions with Peter Gabriel, this is a must-buy. Enjoy!
Wescoman - Can you provide a link where those can be purchased? Thanks in advance.