New MOFI speaker (Andrew Jones)

Here is some info on the new MOFI/Jones speaker:

128x128mofimadness

IMHO, it's popularity comes from the concentric 12" driver. I have Emerald Physics 3.4s, floorstanders, OPEN BAFFLE, OUTBOARD XOs, 12" CONCENTRIC DRIVER WITH 1" POLYESTER TWEETER. Sadly, they are no longer in production, BUT, they come up FS occasionally at a fraction of the MSRP of these. The 2+ series additionally has 15" woofer/s

Reading the Stereophile review raised some questions for me related to horizontal and vertical dispersion. JA listened with the speakers placed horizontally, but did not mentioned orientation for his measurements (unless I missed it). As the front baffles are not perfectly square, wouldn’t perceived dispersion, sound stage, and instrument placement differ between a vertical vs horizontal placement?

there is a used set being resold out of oregon... listed on the other site... knock yourselves out folks 😁

there is also a very recent youtube video with steve mccormack being interviewed, stating he is very impressed with his set of these -- he is up there in age these days, but i would still trust his assessment more than most others on the ’tube...

I am about a month in with mine.  Amp is the the Allnic 30th Anniversary T2000 with KT170 tubes.  I am still waiting on the stands.  Dealer was told end of January or into February.  I currently have them on some loaner Wharfedale stands 

I have had Golden Ear Reference, Tekton Encores, Martin Logan Montis, Wilson Yvettes and some B&W's as a reference.

These were really supposed to be temporary speakers in one system while I am waiting for a pair of Janszen 9.5s to be built (I am anticipating May/June).  I would then move them into a secondary system.

I listened to some Klipsch Forte's and Cornwalls at my dealer and did not connect with either one and I liked these immediately in the dealer's space.  I was really looking for some sort of speaker/dollar formula when making the purchase.

Looking at them as the $3700 speakers they are, I am pleased with the purchase.  Imaging is really good and the soundstage is well defined.  I have not tried them on their sides yet (waiting for the real stands).  Bass is actually fairly full for a 10" driver and I do not find the treble bright which could be the KT170s helping.  To my 55 year old ears, I preferred the sound over the 6K Cornwalls.

They are probably a little big to be a set of bookshelf speakers.

My listening habits are mostly classic rock and acoustic rock (which these are good at) and some classical (not as good.)