New MOFI speaker (Andrew Jones)

Here is some info on the new MOFI/Jones speaker:

128x128mofimadness

Showing 6 responses by lanx0003

I am not sure if it is coincidental that SP10 shares close similarity with Tannoy Eaton in terms of specs.  The faceted baffle, driver design and the resultant distinctive but pleasant sound traits are definitely good deviations.  I think SP10 is a great debut product since he joined MoFi and sweet balance among the three design considerations he often mentions, i.e., bass, size and efficiency.

@jjss49 Music Direct covers the return shipping IF the return is due to damaged / deflective items. But if the return is simply "don’t like it", the customer will be responsible for the return shipping. Their 60 days’ in-home auditioning policy is indeed very gracious although I do not encourge people to abuse it. The staffs are courteous and responsive. Highly recommended.

Apparently, Hoffman’s iron rule plays here but the trade-off seems too steep. I am on board with @jjss49 in regards to the sensitivity and the ability to use warmer, lower power amp with SP 10. Don’t know if this is a wishful thinking that someone (if not AJ himself) could eventually come up a design with a breakthrough to Hoffman’s rule, i.e., nice 7-8 inch coaxial woofer/tweeter in a SP-8 cabinet that goes down to sub 40 hz and >=90 dB sensitiveity. I’ll jump on it.  Buchardt has  almost done that even in a smaller closed box.