New MOFI speaker (Andrew Jones)

Here is some info on the new MOFI/Jones speaker:

128x128mofimadness

Showing 15 responses by jerryg123

Interesting the folks at Stereophile have a picture of these speakers on their side?? From a listening test. Height critical I guess. 

These speakers are getting a bit of hype and I hope they live up to the hype. 

Not in the market as I am very content with Sonner. But I am a fan of Andrew and his designs. 

they are different for sure, I kind of like different, that was the appeal to the Sonner Legato Unum and that they sound freaking awesome!

Would love to hear this in my system. 

We’ll they are pairing with gear the Mo-Fi distributes and they sell through Music Direct. Makes total sense from a business and marketing position. 

At this show.  

I HEARD THEM AT CAF and it’s $3699 and nothing under 10 k can touch them and only a few speakers under 20k can beat them.

Many companies manufacture in China in plants that are owned, staffed, and all engineering quality measures are managed and controlled by the parent company.

Many companies contract manufacturers in China to build their product (bid) and this is where quality issues can arise. Unlike the Counterfeit thread where companies are operating on the outer fringes of ethics and compliance and the law (international or us)

The company I work for has plants in 56 countries including China. The engineering, manufacturing and quality processes are identical. You can take a component from our plant in Romania and mate it with a US or PRC components and there is complete interchangeability, as they are all made to the same specification in our global standard. As do most ISO and TUV compliant companies do.

Perceptions of consumers is that if it is made in China or India or Vietnam it should be cheaper. The reality is our manufacturing facilities we have built in these countries in the last 30 years are more state of the art than any of our US or Canadian facilities.

@nonoise sometimes it's better to take the hit ($$) for convenience.  I hate selling speakers because of shipping. Guess that's why I have 6 sets of speakers here in our house, and my kids have inherited a few sets. 

Let us know how it all works out and how they sound. 

I find the hype around these speakers very entertaining.

Indeed these may be great speakers for your listening environment or they maybe total duds?

I find Jay annoying and entertaining also, 

Hope they live up to the hype. Otherwise, they will be in the clearance bin at Musci Direct.... 

The video is nasty.