New Meadowlark Ospreys

I know these are new and shipment is just starting. Has anyone had a serious audition, especially comparing to the comparably priced HR Shearwaters ? I have been told that the new Ospreys pretty much blow away the Shearwaters in every respect. I don't have a dealer nearby to audition, so would like an impression from a golden-eared Audiogoner. Thanks.I have also heard that Meadowlark is coming out with an all new Kestral II that is a big improvement over the previous versions.
sherod

Showing 2 responses by marty9876

I know, my description sounds crazy. I might me more of a mental thing(the tweeters are physically larger than my mains, Heron I's) but the highs just seemed fuller than I was use to, in a good way.

I kicked the hell out of my self trying to decide on rears...I had listened to the Swifts in home also, bought the Ospreys unheard, we all really should not buy speakers unheard.....

In my direct comparisons, Heron-I's, Swifts and Ospreys, the Herons have a more controlled bottom end.

Marty
I have a pair, one thing I noticed is for lack of better words, the tweeter seemed "large and full". Just a weird conclusion I came to.

I really didn't mess around with them too much as mains, they are the rears in my HT system.

Some of us are sicker than others...

Marty