new Magico speakers the Q5

seen on their Website
clavil
Hens, very well spoken!!

I too sometimes feel some people feel almost offended if for instance the speaker they own isn't to the taste of someone else. I've seen Roypan uses/used the V3 and is a very happy and proud Magico owner, but in my opinion sometimes give me the impression to be insulted if something is said about Magico which he doesn't like.

Luckily everyone has there own taste. Otherwise everyone would have the same speaker, same car, house etc.

I like the looks of Magico a lot, but have my own opinion about the sound. Nevertheless I am open to opinions from others and not stating "this is good, this is bad". I'm just giving my own personal view.

If someone has a system with Magico speakers and loves the sound, well great, I'm happy for him.

I've recently heard the Magico M5 and have to say it wasn't as good as I hoped for. The sound was ok, but I would never pay that amount of money for them. Was it the room, the electronics????? Maybe, maybe even a combination of all but it could also be that the sound just isn't my thing. Probably need to listen to them again as first impression might be wrong, but from the limited experience I've had with the Magico M5 so far, they wouldn't be on my wish list.

Just my opinion.
Hens,

I was under the impression that you are talking about real "value". Not the one between your ears. You can like whatever you wish. I would not waste my/your time debating your preferences. This thread, was about the new Q5 and its "real" value proposition.
I do have to say, the Q5 does looks great. Very curious to listen to them when I have the opportunity.

Why do all those nice new speakers get introduced all the time. This way I can never settle and listen without have the "audio virus" make me search for something else :) :)
No marketing hype ... yeah, riiiight.

Minis were marketed from the start as the most expensive two-way in the world. That was their way of getting attention. Sure, they used some high quality parts (x-over), birch ply, Scan-Speak ring radiator tweeter, ATD midwoofer etc, but nothing out of ordinary, that haven't been used before. And for what they were, they were grossly overpriced.

I still remember the stories they told about supposedly 'their' midwoofer design ('the only one in the world to combine Titanium skins with a bonded foam layer for self-damping. There's only one man on the planet willing and capable of making it' blah, blah, blah) that made laugh anyone who knows anything about drive units and the italian company ATD that used to manufacture those.

And no not even get me started about those monster 'reference' horns ...

To my ears, Magicos are one of the most overhyped products on the market right now. Time will tell how long they will be able to sustain interest in their products.
Sure, and Area 51 is landing aliens daily. When you say “they” who are you referring to? A guy in his garage building speakers? Hundreds if not thousands have done the same. So just because "they" said their monitor is the most expansive one they have risen to the top? BTW, It is complete BS since I have never heard "them" saying that, not to mention, that it is not true.