New LP's made from analog or digital masters

Quick question. Are the new LP's coming out made from analog or digital masters? Just wondering.
bostonbean
I have a few Clearaudio LPs from digital master, Anna Netrebko's La Traviata from Salzburg Festival and her duet album with Villazon and it sounds a bit different from my music server playback via Berkeley DAC but certainly not better.
Recently I also picked up several new Japanese Deutsche Grammaphone reissue of Karajan's old recordings such as Mozart's Requeim (Tomowa-Sintow, Baltsa etc), Brahms's Hungarian Dances etc, presumably digitally remastered (sorry I could not read Japanese) but they all sound rather dry and about the same sonic quality as many other DG digital master LP from the 80-90's :(
for me its simple the one difference between digital and analog is that the digital mastered records don't get played like my analog ones do ,(they can sound ok but)i just don't reach for them because don't feel or sound the same.
to really go out there i will say the true analog is like a finger print of the performance it hasn't been freeze dried then reconstituted like digital. in other words because it has never been taken apart you can unwind analog back to the moment.its whole.
so even for the best of the digital my head might get a hit because its so clear but it misses the heart.

if every one could hear a clean Hank Williams "moaning the blues" mono lp from the 50s and play it with a mono cart like the premium made by Miya-jima through horns this would be an non issue.
I know for a fact that the Four Men with Beards reissues (Dusty in Memphis, Scott [Walker] 4) were made from CD-Rs (yep, 44.1/16), not from the original masters. I believe this is because it's too expensive or impossible to license use of the tapes.
"I know for a fact that the Four Men with Beards reissues (Dusty in Memphis, Scott [Walker] 4) were made from CD-Rs (yep, 44.1/16), not from the original masters. I believe this is because it's too expensive or impossible to license use of the tapes."

Hmm, so does the vinyl still sound better than CD? Maybe there is a placebo effect!
I just got a "old Digital"pressing from 1983.I have had the CD since it came out and having just listened to the LP I can say without any doubt it blows the silver disc away.The CD can't touch the top end extension and presence.The overall decay is so much better it sounds like a different room.It takes a 4-5 sec. room and makes it 7 seconds. The bass extension is also on another plain from the CD.Organ pedal notes that are quite substantial, and the organ's tuba stop can part your hair.
This is King's College's "O Come all ye Faithful". Another very fine Christmas from Kings(they must have 20 of them over the years).It is on Argo/Digital.
The copy I got off Ebay is not in the best condition and yet I cannot even think about listening to the CD.
So I guess either some of the engineers knew what they were doing by 1983 (the first year for CDs),or they got lucky.

all this on a "very revealing" but very "budget"system with a Radio Shack TT.

e