New In 2024

Cite New Releases and Re-Issues on Atoms Mix, Blu-Ray Audio, CD, Download, EP, Hi-Rez, LP, SACD, Stream Formats.

jafant

Showing 2 responses by cundare2

Peripherally related:

I’ve been interested in the Giles Martin Beatles 5.1 & Atmos remixes, but not so much in the rest of the reissue content (other than the stereo remixes issued on vinyl).

Unfortunately, unlike past projects (like Beatles ONE), Beatles, Inc. has chosen to make the Blu-ray multichannel mixes available only as part of the pricey top-of-the-line packages that include CDs, outtakes, books, and a lot of other stuff I have no interest in.  I just want Giles's Blu-ray multichannel mixes.

Does anybody know of any source for the Blu-ray discs by themselves -- or of any plans to release them commercially this year as standalone offerings?

Steven Wilson has been revisiting his earlier 5.1 mixes of classic Tull, Yes, etc., albums, adding new 5.1 and Atmos mixes to these reissued discs. Several are out already, with more on their way.

I compared the previous "definitive" 5.1 mix of "Larks Tongues" with the 2024 version and although both sound good, they are fairly different at times.