New DACs High End Munich 2023

I am now searching for a new DAC to replace my Oppo UDP-205 and High End Munich 2023 was the event I was waiting for to hear about new announcements.

I know that Auralic and Total DAC have introduced new DACs and Primare has new modules. Anyone hear any other DACs being released in the next 2-3 months?

128x128milpai

Showing 1 response by rikkipuu

Milpai, I have a Terminator Plus.  There was a firmware update at the beginning of June.  I was using I2S from a Denafrips Iris DDC because it sounded better than USB.  After the update I2S now sounds very flat but the USB is much improved. And the Iris in not plug and play now, I have to reset the pin out configuration to change between PCM and DSD.

I also bought a used Lampizator Golden Gate recently.  It has a DHT tube output.  I run it thru an Allnic DHT pre-amp, its not too much tubes.  

As much as the TP improved after the update, the Lampizator is more musical.  The leading edges hit with slam and meat on the bones the TP lacks.

FWIW I had a Yggdrassil and W4S DAC2DSD v2.2 SE, neither were as good as the Terminator I had before the TP.