New DACs High End Munich 2023

I am now searching for a new DAC to replace my Oppo UDP-205 and High End Munich 2023 was the event I was waiting for to hear about new announcements.

I know that Auralic and Total DAC have introduced new DACs and Primare has new modules. Anyone hear any other DACs being released in the next 2-3 months?

128x128milpai

Showing 2 responses by ddafoe

Did anyone grab a Weiss DAC 205 before the recent price increase?   I've been tempted to try a 205 as I don't use USB or DSD.  It looks like it just jumped in price over the last 5 days or so from $1665 to $2195 :(

@yyzsantabarbara,  I purchased an Yiggy+ LIM recently after reading the reviews on it.  I was thinking its sound signature will match with what I like and that it might be a cheaper alternative to my two favorite DACs I’ve owned (Mojo Audio previously and Meitner MA3 currently).   I thought it was excellent and had a similar natural tone, good dynamics, no fatigue, etc.     

It wasn’t until I dropped back in the MA3 that I realized the differences were enough that I will still be keeping the more pricey DAC.   I thought the LIM was a little dry sounding, lacked a little texture, and definitely seemed to be missing the super black background and more detail of the Meitner.

Relatively speaking though I think the differences are small when you factor in the price difference.  Throw in it’s made in the USA and comes with a great warranty and I think it’s a great deal!   I hated to sell it but couldn’t justify it as my TV DAC where the Bifrost 2/64 makes way more sense financially, and also sounds excellent…