New DACs High End Munich 2023

I am now searching for a new DAC to replace my Oppo UDP-205 and High End Munich 2023 was the event I was waiting for to hear about new announcements.

I know that Auralic and Total DAC have introduced new DACs and Primare has new modules. Anyone hear any other DACs being released in the next 2-3 months?

128x128milpai

Showing 1 response by davkobza

The T+A DAC200 is a great DAC. But great and superlative are two different

sonic worlds IMO. Buy a DAC that you won’t feel the need to upgrade in a year or two. Then there’s the world of the Denafrips Terminator level of performance. You’ll be satisfied for a time but eventually…

When you are selective and pay more sometimes you’ll get the quality of performance that won’t give you the upgraditis maximus in a few years time. Do yourself a favor and look into brands like Audio Note and Playback Designs. Those who have heard, reviewed over time or had purchased a Playback Designs MPD-8 find it a keeper. Fast forward two three years and they still happily own that unit. Go read the reviews.

People do not want to fork out such $$$ for a DAC but if it’s digital audio bliss that rivals analog and gives new life and appreciation for Redbook CDs/files one should consider that investment. Eventually trickle-down technology may offer sonics that approach the level of an MPD-8 or a DAC5 but who knows when that will be. The quality is there today. Worth a listen.