New D'Agostino Monoblocks...$250,000

The new D’Agostino Relentless monoblocks cost $250,000 per pair.
They weigh in at 485 pounds.
1500 wpc @ 8 ohms...   3000 wpc @ 4 ohms...   6000 wpc @ 2 ohms.
Gorgeous looking amps for sure and I’m sure they perform like crazy.

http://dandagostino.com/products/relentless-monoblock.php

Be sure to invite me over when you take delivery of your pair.
128x128mitch4t

Showing 1 response by trelja

I’ve written a lot around this trend in pricing lately. I feel it greatly damages the hobby, and has resulted in all manner of things such as the hollowing out of the rank of audiophiles.

That said, now that I’m living in Vancouver, I have no doubt he’ll sell them easily. Folks here lionize conspicuous consumption. In the several years I’ve spent time here, the sheer number of expensive cars (and whatever other luxury item you can imagine) has taken me aback. I can’t tell you how many of these brand new cars get repainted immediately (often before initial delivery), along with a lot of other customization. By this I mean, you take a $150K - $500K car, and immediately have it painted it a different color to suit you. I’ve asked a few people about it, and their answer is always, "Oh, well they did have 3 blues available. But none that I liked. So, I just ordered it in white / grey / black, and had it done up as I wanted."

Along the lines of the vast wealth of this clientele, a manufacturer of very high-end turntables was a part of my audio group back in Philadelphia. He could only produce 6 tables a year, and had an 18 month waiting list. We figured raising prices would give him a bit of breathing room. In fact, it produced EXACTLY the opposite result. Today, the turntables now cost more than 4X as much, and the demand has risen a good deal more than it was a decade ago