New Buddy Guy - "Blues Singer"

Anyone else heard this? "Blues Singer", named in tribute to Muddy Water's "Folk Singer" which Buddy played on. This is a fantastic cd. The recording is excellent. I turned it up to a somewhat loud(so says my wife) level, and from the first moment of the first song, "Hard Time Killing Floor", it sounded as if Buddy were in my living room. This album is acoustic with five songs featuring only Buddy on guitar/vocals and Jimbo Mathus on guitar. The second song is John Lee Hooker's "Crawlin' Kingsnake". It has Eric Clapton and BB King as guests. That's right - BB King acoustic. Highly reccomended!
clingman71
Hey, Romy the Cat; Your post begs the Question; WHY do you think this is a " Very unfortunate album"?
Unfortunately we all are not getting younger and many things that we were able naturally to do in past are getting to be more difficult for us and some… impossible. Leaving aside a certain “simplification of music” Buddy regrettably demonstrated in his last album a “singing with difficulties”. The most unpleasant was not to hear that he was not able to sing but to hear how he was trying to mask it out and to fake it as “a creativeness”. It is very apologetic and petty development….

Rgs,
The Cat
Verybigass; I'm sorry I asked. I did not know at the time who I was responding to. After reading your last post I went back for another listen. Well Buddy Guy has one of the most beautiful and emotive voices of any blues singer I have ever heard. I suspect this genre of music may not be your area of expertise. Have you listened to any Howlin' Wolf lately? How about John Lee Hooker, although we all know he he couldn't sing well after 1958 or so.
Bought it today at Borders, put it on and was doing some chores around the house, so not a close listen yet. No complaints, but probably no Handy Award either.

I wonder if this recording is some sort of a response to Sweet Tea's psychodelica? I don't know, but I'm still kinda cool to Sweet Tea. Sometimes I think that it's unlistenable--all that reverb! It's as if Buddy has just discovered the fun of pedals, and he's got 'em all turned up to "11." Still not sure of the point of it all.

Anyway, I think that Blues Singer seems to be an answer to all of those who thought that Sweet Tea was too far out. This latest effort seems to be Buddy saying, "See, I still sing the blues!" I don't think that Buddy needs to do this; I just want him to play the music that HE wants to play. The thing is, Blues Singer is probably closer to home for him. After all, he's pretty much the living history of post-war (that's WW II, y'all!) blues.

Comments? Thoughts?