New Bel Canto REF600M using NCORE

Wow!!..Looks like John hit another home run at Bel Canto with the just released REF 600M using NCORE amplifiers. 300 watts into 8ohms. $4500.00 a pair. The REF 1000M is out of production. I have a feeling this is Bel Canto's best amp ever below the Bel Canto Black. Look forward to Guido checking it out.
audiozen

Showing 5 responses by audiozen

Audio Vision in San Francisco is selling the REF M600 at a discount at $4590.00 a pair and Underwood Hi-Fi will also discount. Sure like to see the engine under the hood and look at John's latest magic he does with his added power supplies. Not sure if the Ref M600 is the latest NCore NC500
but Guido will confirm with his future review.
Hi Goldprintaudio. It's been several weeks since your last post. Have you listened to your REF600M's recently and has your customer who had them on loan given you an evaluation of the amps?
John Stronczers' recent statement on the REF 600M to Absolute Hi End.."NEVER BEFORE HAVE WE SEEN THIS LEVEL OF MEASURABLE PERFORMANCE FROM A SWITCH MODE AMPLIFIER THAT RENDERS THE MUSICAL NOTE IN SPACE LIKE OUR ORIGINAL SET AMPLIFIER'S, AND GOES BEYOND WITH UNPRECEDENTED LOW FREQUENCY CONTROL, YET RETAINS THE SIMPLICITY AND EASE IN A e.One AMPLIFIER".
Please don't push that dead horse off the cliff it might still be ali.... Since there has been no outside post on this thread since July I thought I might upload a topless girl holding a Bel Canto Ref 600M in each hand with a quote saying "Look at those Bel's!!" hoping this might revive this thread. Hey Guido or anyone else, any updates on Bel Canto's best budget amp ever?
It appears that the Bel Canto REF600M will go down as a reference statement piece and will sit on top of Everest as the worlds finest Class D amp in its price range. With that said, another reference statement component that was also released this summer several weeks before the Bel Canto REF600M, is the new SST Phoebe II Preamp from Spread Spectrum Technologies. I actually have heard this preamp through a pair of Emerald Physics speakers from a Wyred 4 Sound amp on the low end and the SST Son of Ampzilla II amp for the mid-range and a Wyred 4 Sound DAC. One of the very best preamps I have ever heard during the past thirty years.
A mind blower. Jerry Siegel's recent review and statement in 10 Audio online magazine, that it equaled the performance against the Levinson 326S at $11,500.00 and the $30K Levinson #52 with superior dynamic performance over both Levinson's. What really struck me is its remarkable organic smoothness, especially the high frequencies. Its holographic imaging, hall effect, echo decay, and its very three dimensional mid-range bloom, like the very best tube preamps on the market. The SST Preamp is derived from the Ambrosia Preamp. James Bongiorno and EJ Sarmento were working on these pieces together until James death, leaving EJ to finalize the designs with remarkable results. This Preamp has a very low output impedance of only 50 ohms, making it ideal to drive any Class D amp on Planet Earth.
This Preamp is a perfect match for the Bel Canto REF600M.