New audiophile looking for first speakers. HELP

Hey guys,
I am looking for a good pair of speakers for my first audiophile system. Right now I have a Stanton ST-150 table running through a Mackie mixer running into 2 Behringer Truth 8" studio monitors with a 10" KRK sub. I am looking to begin building my first audiophile system. I am mainly focusing on vinyl, and maybe get into cds later on. So far this is the equipment that I have decided on:
Mesa Boogie Baron Amp
Rogue Audio Metis Preamp

I will probably keep my turntable for a bit but, I have considered a Clearaudio emotion.

I have NO idea what speakers would be a good fit.

Mainly, I will be listening to aggressive metal ie. black/death metal. Also some electronica, rock, and classical stuff. Mainly aggressive stuff with pretty wide frequency ranges.
Please give me any suggestions possible. Thanks in advance guys.
-Zak-
zakmetal
Cmalak - I think your speaker choices are valid and perhaps with a big sub they might work. I've seen several heavy rock fans over the years attempt the transition to the high end only to be disappointed by the lack of power and impact. Appreciation of midrange purity comes later, IMO. Also, from what I can tell, there's not that much midrange purity to capture in heavy metal. Nothing against the genre, I just think it's the way it's produced and mastered.

In my younger days, I once had a system made up of two Barbetta keyboard amps with 15's and horns, coupled to two Yorkville powered subs and that thing was a gas. It could pin you to the wall when the drummer hit the kickdrum.
Chayro...I don't disagree at all. I was just suggesting that if he wants speakers that in addition to tuneful and dynamic bass can also deliver pristine mids and highs if and when he decides to move into other musical genres beyond metal/heavy rock. Not to mention deliver on solid soundstaging and imaging as well. I have never heard the JBLs so I should steer away from suggesting that they can't deliver on these traits. I wasn't arguing :-) merely pointing out the flexibility point in case the OPs musical interests strayed beyond heavy metal. I am sure the JBLs are a great rec for the OPs specific needs. Ofcourse there is no substitute than auditioning the speakers in person so hopefully the OP will have an opportunity to do so to start figuring out what sound appeals to him. All the best.
2nd for the Revel F12, or their excellent M20. If you can find a used Revel F30 it would be an excellent choice for you. The F30 should sell for about $1000 these days.
if your room is big enough these may work:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1274496991&/Legacy-Audio-Signature-III-cur

I do not have any personal experience or connection to these speakers I have just read good things and I am certain they would get loud enough for anyone!

ps when I asked you for room size I just meant a rough estimate is good enough, we need to know if it is cathederal size or a 10 x 10 den. The Legacys would work in a bigger room...
Check out the Cerwin Vega CLS 215. Designed by two well known audiophile speaker designers from NHT and Snell.

Two 15" woofers and very efficient. Your Mesa Baron has plenty of power. Excellent speaker for rock music.