New Apple TV -- Anyone planning on it?

I went ahead and ordered the new Apple TV. It is $99 and I will use it somewhere in the house. But I am seriously thinking about coupling it with a decent DAC and using it to stream all of my iTunes content. My system includes Martin Logan Summit speakers, Jeff Rowland amp, BAT pre amp. Any comments on whether this is a good idea?
rickschell

Showing 3 responses by banyon100

just got my new ATV today.... First impression is the sound is much better than the older version. More depth and detail. Navigation is very quick and menu system is very slick. Very impressive upgrade for $99.00
Happybob

Sorry for the late response......

My new ATV is running through a Naim DAC and Naim amp and preamp.

It is not only light years ahead of the first generation ATV but it rivals some high end streamers I also have connected.

The other surprising aspect of the new ATV is the quality of the wireless connection. It is the only device in my house that I have I connected using wireless.... So far it has been flawless.

Jeff
I always found the ATV1, whether streaming or directly from the hard drive to be a little clunky. As a streamer it would drive me nuts, either not updating the data on my computer or losing it altogether and forcing a reboot of both. The hard drive was noisy and imo not a whole lot better as streaming.

The ATV2 is a whole new experience.... Instant updates on all computer databases and I have never had to reboot either since I first installed it in my system. The SQ in markedly improved. The whole device is just slick. I bought all 3 of my grown daughters one for Christmas and they love it and use it all the time.

I love Naim kit as well, it has reignited my passion for stereo. I also love the Naim forum..... Not sure I understand it or its culture but its a wild (and expensive) ride

Jeff