New amp for Vandersteen 2CE

Hoping you can help me narrow down my choices for a new amp for my Vandersteen 2CE speakers.  I have been using a pair of Adcom GFA565 monoblocks.  They have ridiculous amounts of power, but I don't come anywhere near using it all and I would like a little more clarity in the midrange.  I have two used amps I'm considering - a McCormack DNA 0.5 and a Pass Labs Aleph 5.  Another option would be a fully restored/upgraded Adcom 535/545/555.  Source is a Sonos Connect with a passive attenuator for volume control.
Thanks for the help!
craig2112
Vandersteen speakers will work with a lot of amps. I've cut back the power from 200 watts per speaker to 50. My room and my hearing don't demand more. I will say all of my amps have good power supplies that double power into 4 ohms and sound good and you're set.
Wow, really great responses here!
Ayre, Sim Audio - would LOVE to try these, but they are far above where I would like to be for cost, which is below $1k.
Atmasphere - fair point, the kids aren't babies anymore, so it's not as big of a concern as it was a few years ago.  There doesn't seem to be much available used below $1k.  Any thoughts on particular models that might be interesting to look at?
Bombaywalla - I can't say I'm a fan of MOSFET or BJT output stages in particular.  My theory is that it's more about the execution and working around the peculiarities of the technology rather than one being inherently better than the other.  The 2CE has an interesting impedance plot, averages maybe 6 ohms with dips to 4 ohms at 40Hz, and 3 ohms at 5kHz.  So not an overly taxing load (not worried about amp stability at all), but could result in frequency response deviations if an amp can't deliver the current it should at 3 or 4 ohms.
digepix - I'm in the same camp with power.  I have 300wpc now, and while that is entertaining to "wow" friends briefly, the majority of my listening is at very moderate levels.  I should put an oscilloscope on the speaker leads and see how low it is really.
Atmasphere - fair point, the kids aren't babies anymore, so it's not as big of a concern as it was a few years ago. There doesn't seem to be much available used below $1k. Any thoughts on particular models that might be interesting to look at?
A lot depends on the room size and your listening habits as to how much power you will need. In many installations 60 watts is plenty of power and there are a lot of great amps with 60 watts. The impedance of the speaker does not seem to be a problem.
You started with the Pass Aleph 5 so guessing you know of one that's in your price point. I'd go for the Pass; it's a great amp and it will not be outclassed by your Vandy's which are nice speakers. I know both products having owned the 2CE's and listened to the Aleph 3 and 5 at the dealer when they were current pieces. The Aleph 5 will run no hotter than a tube amp but it is hot to the touch; just don't touch it when it's running. If you're in a real, real small room in the desert it might cook you out but I doubt it. The Aleph 5 will drive your speakers no problem. If you don't like the Aleph 5 you will not have a problem reselling it I as they don't last long on the market.