New amp being touted as among the best ever......

....possibly hyperbole but Hi-Fi News in the UK raving about the Diavlet D-Premier amplifer.

Apparently it has patented a new hybrid of Class A and Class D technology. It sounds very interesting, looks unique and would appear to be a must hear for those who are interested in high quality servers where apparently it excels-although I'd be interested to hear what it can do with any source.

Pretty expensive I believe at £12000 or approx $18000.

It looks very interesting and it's not every review you read where you really want to hear the thing.....

Here's their website, quite a lot of info on there if you browse about.
http://www.devialet.com/
ben_campbell
Well, digital amps are fairly new and relatively unknown waters for many. It is a much different way of doing things (a mostly digital signal path throughout) than traditional systems where most of the signal path is analogue.

I think it is definitely a wave of the future. I'd be interested to hear some digital amps to get a feel for how well the technology performs at this point. Whether it is up to snuff yet or not though, I have no doubt that the time will come when it is and that it will open up some unique new horizons in audio sound reproduction along the way.
Has anyone heard the the new Devialet amp or better still does anyone own one to give us any feedback?
Hi Everybody.
I am just coming back from CES and spent a serious amount of time listening to the Devialet on Focal Scala Utopias as well as the a pair of Revel Salon2's. I can report back that all of the reviews and feedback are spot on. This is a game changer and presents amazing utility along with world class performance. Additionally , it can be custom configured to many settings.
Needless to say, we are going to be displaying the D-Premiere from Devialet starting next week in our Tustin, California showroom. Feel free to drop by or call for a demonstration.
-Digital Ear
Any product that can compete and better in some areas (accrding to hifinews magazine) the incredible $180,000 Behold system, will get my attention everyday of the week. I wish I could afford one right now, and if I could, I would without doubt try it out. And I would not care if it looked like my Aunt Lizzy's "muscle massager". It is the sound, and the sound only that matters. I do not stare at my audio equipement in lustfull manner. That is what I have a GF for.